Is It Possible to Beat a Driving Fifty or More Over the Speed Limit Charge?
Hiring An Experienced Professional Is Your Best Strategy When Charged With Serious Offences Such as Speeding 50 or More Over the Limit, Driving Under Suspension, Careless Driving, Stunt Driving, Racing, Among Others. A Conviction For These Offences May Bring Very Significant Consequences.
A Helpful Guide to Understanding How to Fight Traffic Tickets Constituting the Most Serious Charges
Serious charges such as Speeding 50 or More Over the Limit, Driving Under Suspension, Careless Driving, Stunt Driving, Racing, among others, constitute the most serious charges under the Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8 and the consequences of a conviction can be severe. Hefty fines with victim surcharges, increased insurance rates, potential license suspension, and even jail in some situations, all deserve the strongest fight in defence.
Fighting the Charges
The significant affects that result upon conviction for a serious traffic ticket charge makes it important to strongly fight these these charges as much as possible. As when fighting all traffic tickets, the process involves:
The court filing of a 'not guilty' plea, or if necessary, the appearance on a court date to enter a plea of 'not guilty' on your behalf.
The development of case preparations including:
- The ordering and obtaining of disclosure including all relevant documents such as, among other things, the notes of the charging officer;
- The review of the evidence disclosure documents;
- The request for additional disclosure, if necessary; and
- The 'best likelihood for success' strategy planning
The necessary court advocacy including;
- The representation at the early resolution meeting;
- The attendance at all motion hearings, if any;
- The questioning of witnesses at trial;
- The presenting of legal submissions; and
- The acting in your best interests so to achieve the most favourable outcome possible.
After your case is finished a written report summarizing your case will be provided to you.
Traffic tickets within the serious charges category can have drastic consequences upon conviction including severe fines, substantially increased insurance rates, potential license suspension, and possibly even some jail time. Hiring a professional who knows how to negotiate with prosecutors, knows how to question witnesses including which questions to ask and which questions to avoid, and who knows the law and is ready to make persuasive arguments on the applicable legal principles, is highly important. For representation that puts your best interests first, contact YLaw today!